Tuesday, December 26, 2006

OUT OF SIGHT


JB. The legends will soon all be gone.

When they die, they sell records. I have lots of James, but if I had to choose one, I would choose Live At The Apollo.
I was thinking of 5 of my favs JB songs ever.
Here they are - in no particular order.

*Escape-ism (love the kick-off)
*Bewildered (so much reverb all over this track, love JB's echo vocals mixed with sweet backgrounds)
*Give It Up Or Turn It Loose (sampled so much, hip hop owes such a debt to this track, crazy bassline, tight ass vocals, those horns.....damness)
*Cold Sweat (not everyone fav, but one of mine, I love the strange edge this song has)
*Stone To The Bone (crazy vocals dancing on tight rhythm guitar, love the sexed out vocals, James knows he has "a good thing")
Such a hero to many. Such a contradiction. One thing about James Brown is the music is strong.

No comments: