Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I miss Canadian Hip Hop.

When I was young and dumb, I did not have much time for Canadian Hip Hop. I was distracted by NYC and Detroit artists. Ever heard of Rap Mafia out of Detroit? I am so looking for some of their stuff. My friend Justin and I would buy some Detroit Hip Hop just because it was from the D. You could have sold us a blank tape if it had a fresh cover.

I then got wise, especially when Maestro Fresh Wes came. Dude was cocky, had amazing rhymes and straight up, but tight beats. I love the parts in "Let Your Backbone Slide" , when the beat stops to silence.

I have tons of respect for Maestro. Chuck D told me that Wes was one of his favorite rappers.


I miss the old days of Canadian Hip Hop. It is in a different place now. For me a little to American influenced. I love the Island vibe that we have/had- it does not get old for me.

Some more good ones............



No comments: